Busy Fitness

Friday, December 7, 2007

4 Classic Excuses For Not Exercising And How To Kick Them Out


There are many good reasons for exercising but unfortunately there are just as many excuses for not exercising as well. Perhaps you've heart them all: "I have no time", "I feel tired", "I travel all the time", "I have to wait to use the equipment in the gym", and the list goes on...

These 4 excuses are the most commonly used by the working professionals for skipping their exercise routine. And here are the tips to get rid of them...

Classic Excuse #1: "I have a job and busy schedule. I don't have time to work out".

Tip To Kick It: Exercise first thing in the morning. If you normally wake up at 6AM before you go to work, set your alarm clock half an hour earlier. When the alarm goes off, get up immediately, wash your face, get changed, get on your track shoe and take a briskwalk for 20 minutes. Believe me when I say this, if you can do this every morning, you will feel that you've more energy and can concentrate better throughout the day.

Classic Excuse #2: "When I do have the time to work out, I feel that I'm too tired."

Tip To Kick It: Trick your brain and body by not thinking about being too tired. Odd as it may sound, by just not thinking about being too tired, you will start to get on your exercise gears. When you start moving, you will feel better because more oxygen are being pumped to your brain and muscles. Understand that low energy is often a result of reduced oxygen flow. Like the Nike's ad says... Just do it!

Classic Excuse #3: "I travel all the time".

Tip To Kick It: Take your exercise with you. Have a crazy travelling schedule? No problem! Just pack a resistance band with you. It's very convenient and you can do a lot of gym-like exercises in the comfort of your hotel room. You can even get a very compact but complete set of home system for as low as $40. Check out a review of Bodylastics portable home gym system here. Another option is of course use the hotel gym.

Classic Excuse #4: "Every time when I go to the gym, I have to wait for the equipment I want to use. It's such a hassle!".

Tip To Kick It: Forget about going to the gym and consider to invest the monthly membership fees in a home gym. For starter, I recommend Bodylastics Home Gym. You can get a complete set starting at $40. This home gym system is a no-brainer! And I love the fact that I can take it with me when I travel. It's so portable and easy to use. Try it, I'm pretty sure you will love it.